Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
How to Prepare
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 72 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult (at least 18 years of age) must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed before or at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, acrylic nails or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office immediately.
- If you routinely take medications ( for high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma,etc), please check with Dr. Russell prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Need More Information?
To learn more about pre-surgery and post-surgery instructions or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Russell, call our office.