Emergency Dental Services in Upper Marlboro
Dr. Russell and the MOSG team are committed to being available when you need them most. This is why we offer extended hours for emergency care 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, for patients and referring doctors. Call today to reach our friendly staff for your emergency dental needs.
What is a Dental Emergency?
Dental emergencies can be potentially life threatening, require immediate attention and can include:
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Cellulitis or a diffuse soft tissue bacterial infection with intra-oral or extra-oral swelling that potentially compromise the patient’s airway
- Trauma involving facial bones, potentially compromising the patient’s airway
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or have extreme dental pain please call our office at The Maryland Oral Surgery Group Phone Number The Maryland Oral Surgery Group Phone Number 301-967-0183.
What Requires Urgent Dental Care?
Urgent dental care focuses on the management of conditions that require immediate attention to relieve severe pain and/or risk of infection and to alleviate the burden on hospital emergency departments.
- Severe dental pain from pulpal inflammation
- Pericoronitis or third-molar pain
- Surgical post-operative osteitis, dry socket dressing changes
- Abscess, or localized bacterial infection resulting in localized pain and swelling
- Tooth fracture resulting in pain or causing soft tissue trauma
- Dental trauma with avulsion/luxation
- Dental treatment required prior to critical medical procedures
- Final crown/bridge cementation if the temporary restoration is lost, broken or causing gingival irritation
- Biopsy of abnormal tissue
- Extensive dental caries or defective restorations causing pain
- Suture removal
Should I Visit the Dentist During COVID-19?
We know members of the Prince County community may have questions about whether they should visit the doctors during the COV-19 pandemic. Please call our office if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or bleeding that doesn’t stop, pain in or around your mouth or a tooth, have a knocked out tooth, or require post-op surgical treatment such as suture removal or dressing change. Our team is here to help determine the best course of action for you during these times.