Dental Implants Upper Marlboro
Dental Implants Can Restore Your Smile to a Natural Healthy Appearance!
If you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth our team of experts led by Top Implant Surgeon Dr. Sharon S. Russell has the solution. Missing teeth create problems with surrounding teeth, facial distortion, and jawbone deterioration, leading to a less youthful appearance. Fortunately, dental implants can replace your missing teeth and restore your smile. Implant Surgeon Dr. Russell has placed countless dental implants ensuring that your new smile will look and feel natural with precision dental implant placement.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a titanium or ceramic post that act as your natural root and supports a crown that functions as your tooth. The solution looks, feels and function like your own teeth.
How Are Dental Implants Placed?
Dental implants are surgically placed by a specialist like Dr. Sharon S. Russell. Dental implants require one to two surgical procedures. During the first operation, Dr. Russell places the dental implants into your jawbone with special instruments. It takes three to six months for the implants to fuse with the surrounding bone and the tissue to heal. The implants are below the surface of the gums during this phase.
When your jawbone has healed, Dr. Russell attaches a small post (abutments) to the dental implants. Then the restoring doctor ( general dentist or prosthodontics) will put the abutments with the artificial teeth (crowns) that look and work like your real teeth. These are permanent and if properly cared for, provide tooth restorations that last a lifetime.
How Long Do Dental Implants Take?
It can take up to a half-hour to place one dental implant in the jawbone; if Dr. Russell is placing several implants, it will take longer. Your jaw can take anywhere from three to six months to heal completely. The results can’t be matched by other procedures with a high long-term success rate.
Replace Missing Teeth and Smile with Confidence
Schedule a consultation today to restore your smile!
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the gold standard and preferred method of replacing missing teeth:
- They have the highest long-term success rate of any method of tooth replacement, more than a 95% success rate.
- Dental implants stabilize the jawbone and prevent bone deterioration when a tooth or teeth are lost.
- The adjacent teeth aren’t harmed (bridges require grinding or cutting of intact teeth in order to fit the appliance in place).
- Most dental implants last a lifetime, making them quite affordable over time.
- You preserve the contours of your face and your smile.
- Dental implants help preserve oral health, as dentures and bridges may accelerate jawbone loss
- Implants look, feel, and work like natural teeth, so you can enjoy all kinds of food and drinks without worry.
Are Dental Implants Painful?
The dental implant procedure is performed under local or general anesthesia, so you don’t feel any pain. When the anesthesia wears off, you may experience mild discomfort that can be controlled with medication. Dr. Russell may prescribe a pain medication for short-term use. You may also experience mild swelling of the jaw. Both the pain and swelling will be minimal by day three, and all discomfort should be gone within 7-14 days.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Dental implants last a lifetime for most people with proper oral hygiene and regular visits to your dentist. Dental implants are a lifetime solution, unlike other restorative options which have a lifespan of only 8- 10 years, making dental implants your best treatment option.
How Much do Dental Implants Cost?
Dental implants are surprisingly affordable compared to other forms of tooth replacement options primarily because implants last a lifetime.
Contact our team today and begin changing your life, your health, and your smile. We offer affordable financing options through multiple third-party financing companies to ensure dental implants are available to you!
Do you have more questions about Dental Implants?
- What options are there for replacing missing teeth?
- What if I am missing all my upper or lower teeth?
- What if I have been told I don’t have enough bone for Dental Implants?
- I want Dental Implants FAST, what is the best option for me?
- How much do dental implants cost?
- Check Our Dental Implants Frequently Asked Questions for more!
Dental Implants Videos
Dental Implants Presentation
To provide you with a better understanding of dental implants, we have provided the following multimedia presentation. Many common questions pertaining to dental implants are discussed.