Oral Surgeon in Upper Marlboro MD
Meet Sharon S. Russell DDS
Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. Russell is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. A specialist in dental implants, wisdom tooth removal, and sedation dentistry, Dr. Russell obtained her doctorate degree, graduating with high honors, from the prestigious Howard University School of Dental Medicine in Washington, D.C. She further advanced her career in the field of dentistry and medicine and obtained advanced training as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon from Howard University/Howard University Hospital. Dr. Russell has received numerous awards for her studies and academic achievements during her dentistry and oral surgery training.
Dr. Russell’s practice, The Maryland Oral Surgery Group (MOSG), is the first, state-of-the-art oral surgery spa in Prince Georges County. Patients will feel at ease and relaxed with the sounds of relaxing waterfalls, the aroma of lit candles, and scents of lavender while receiving their dental care. Dr. Russell’s concept was developed as a direct result of working with patients for more than twenty years, and witnessing the fears of patients firsthand. She knew something else in conjunction with inhalation and intravenous anesthetics was needed in an oral surgery environment to help patients feel as calm as possible. That “something else” was a warm, soothing, spa-like environment with friendly, pleasant staff. Come experience our tranquil,serene environment in a spa-like setting and you will always remember us for your oral surgery needs!
Dr. Russells’ compassion and commitment to excellence while providing optimal patient care make her a valued asset in the dental community. During her free time, she enjoys reading, running, and spending time with her five children.
- Diplomate American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- Howard University Hospital/Howard University College of Dental Medicine, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Honors
- Howard University College of Dental Medicine, Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Honors
- The University of Massachusetts, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Cum Laude
- The University of Massachusetts, Bachelors of Science in Biology, Honors
- Attending Physician, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Oncall for outpatient referrals for Fort Washington Medical Center and Cvista Medical Center
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Related Certifications and Affiliations
- Member, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Member, Maryland Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (MSOMS)
- Member, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ASDA)
- Member, Howard University Hospital Medical Association
- Member, Middle Atlantic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (MASOMS)
- Member, American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member, Maryland State Dental Association (MSDA)
- Member, Southern Maryland Dental Society
- American Society of Dental Anesthesiology (ASDA)
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- The Maryland Oral Surgery Group has received its Certificate of Office Anesthesia Evaluation from the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
For more information about our practice or to schedule an appointment call our office in Upper Marlboro, MD at The Maryland Oral Surgery Group Phone Number 301-967-0183.